Big Data is not always about the volume of data, it is about the value that lies in that View of Data. Hence, it is the amount of data which cannot be processed by the existing computational infrastructure. In much simpler terms, the amount of data which cannot fit into the RAM of your existing hardware for computational purposes, is referred to as big data for that hardware.
The course gives basic understanding and jargons of the data science.
Big Data, it’s advantages :
- Better Insights from Data
- Better view of User behaviours
- Helps in more accurate predictions
- Helps in personalization at Scale
- Saves a lot of time required for information extraction
- Integrates both structured and unstructured information
- Helps in better decision making
- Helps in becoming more customer-centric
This course will help you understand the basic concepts on identifying the right data and making sense.
Apache Hadoop is a framework designed to perform computations in a distributed fashion. It works on large clusters made up of commodity hardware connected by network. It is an Apache open source project under G N U Licenses. The framework is designed to process Big Data at a much higher speed than the existing Computational Setup.
The following features make Introduction to Big Data so persuable :
- Open Source: Making it cost effective and customizable as per needs
- Runs on Commodity Hardware: Reducing the infrastructure cost
- Fault Tolerant: It makes 3 copies of the data block on different nodes, hence, in case any node goes down the data can be easily retrieved by the other nodes
- Scalable: New nodes can be added on the fly without affecting the other nodes
- Distributed Processing: The data id processed in parallel by the nodes in the cluster
Participants will learn about Hadoop Architecture and some other open source technologies used for Data processing. The course also touches topic like analytics through descriptive analytics, prescriptive analytics and predictive analytics.
Welcome to learn more…
The pre-requisite for Introduction to Big Data module includes basic understanding of IT terminologies related to data.
Engineering students or people interested to learn more about ICT Operations.
- Characteristics and advantages
- Hadoop, its features and ecosystem
- Hadoop Architecture, and its basic building blocks
- MapReduce, and its process using an example
- Various Open-source Technologies, and
- Using Big Data for Analytics and Customer Experience Management